You may have heard of the Google Play Store and know that it’s an app store for Android users. But, did you know that there is also a Google Play Store that caters to users of Windows operating systems? If you are one such user, then you may be wondering how you can install the Google Play Store on your Windows computer.
The good news is, it’s not as difficult as you might think. You don’t need to throw away your copy of Windows and replace it with another operating system or spend hours searching for the right software updates. Installing the Google Play Store on your computer is actually quite simple. In this article, we will show you exactly how to do so.
How to install Android Subsystem in Windows 11
For most people, the idea of running Android apps on a computer sounds like something that is impossible. But, thanks to technology being where it is today, this is actually a reality. You can actually install the Google Play Store on your Windows computer and use it to download and install apps just as you would on an Android device. You can choose from a huge variety of apps and games, many of which are free. The best part? It’s actually quite simple to get the Google Play Store up and running on your Windows computer.
Before you install, make sure to keep the following things ready for installation:
- Enable Developer mode in Windows 11
- Enable Virtual Machine Platform in Windows 11
- Download and install Android apps in Windows 11
1. Enable Developer mode in Windows 11
The first thing you need to do when installing the Google Play Store on your Windows computer is to enable Developer mode.
- Pressing the windows key and go to setting option.
- Go to Privacy & security, click for developers option.
- Switch on Developer Mode and click yes to confirm.
2. Enable Virtual Machine Platform in Windows 11
In order to make sure that you can install and use the Google Play Store on your computer, you will also need to enable the Virtual Machine platform.
- Click Start and choose Control Panel.
- In the Programs and Features, select Turn Windows features on or off from the left side.
- Tick the Virtual Machine Platform, Windows Hypervisor Platform and Windows Subsystem for Linux.
- Click OK
- If you want to fix Windows errors, restart your computer.
3. Download and install Android apps in Windows 11
Download the app from here and install the package, we have also added video about installing Google Play store in Windows 11 below.
- Extract the donlowded zip file.
- Copy the PLAY_STORE_W11_TRD folder and paste it into C drive.
- Then, open the folder and run the setup file.
- Close window when installation done.
- Now, click start and choose Windows Subsystem for Android.
- From there turn on the developer mode.
- After that, click one Manage developer settings. A new popup window will come and click Continue.
- Then, a windows security alert will come. Click Allow access. After completing the process, cut the window.
- Congrats, Google Play Store is now installed in Windows 11
- Now, click Search icon in the taskbar, type Play Store
- Now, sign in to your Google account and enjoy all Android apps on Windows 11
Finally, there is no need to worry about the installation of the Google Play Store on Windows computers. Once you are ready to go, it is incredibly simple to install. And, once the installation is complete, you will be able to download and install apps from the Google Play Store just as you would on your Android device.